You are hereHome ›
FY16 Unit Budget Development
FY16 Unit Instructions
Provost Cauce released a FY16 budget letter along with the following submission materials:
The letter informs the budget process for the coming fiscal year, including: budget-related deadlines, required information for submission, and the priorities informing the process. Budget packages are due to OPB by Monday, November 17, 2014. Please email all materials to Becka Johnson Poppe.
Provost Cauce's October 20, 2014 communication emphasizing the importance of securing input from faculty and students is available here.
FY16 Budget Development Resources
Sustainable Academic Business Plan Goals and Institutional Risks: Successful requests for Provost Reinvestment Funds (PRF) will make meaningful contributions to institutional strategic plans, drive student support and student service missions, and correlate directly to the long-term financial health of the University or its efforts to mitigate institutional risk. Please see the following document for more information about the University’s Sustainable Academic Business Plan (SABP) goals and top institutional risks.
Tuition Revenue and Salary Increase Models: These models allow the user to see the likely cost (based on budgeted GOF/DOF salaries) of salaries increases for FY16.
Tuition Revenue Model for Academic Units -- this is a more detailed and customizable version of the above model. It allows users to vary tuition and enrollment increases and see the likely revenue expected under ABB for FY16 and FY17.
Please direct any questions about these models to Carol Diem.
Additional Resources and Forums: The FY16 budget development request contains a number of new elements. As such, we wish to provide resources to support all units in completing this work in the timeframe allotted. The following resources are available to you:
1. OPB maintains historical responses to similar questions from the FY12 annual budget development if you need assistance responding to the first two questions of the FY16 budget development template. Please reach out to your unit’s OPB budget analyst if you wish to review these forms.
2. If you have any questions or concerns as you read through these materials, please feel free to reach out to Sarah Hall, Amy Floit or your unit’s OPB budget analyst. They are available to help assist in any way they can.
3. OPB will be holding several open forums to discuss this budget process generally and the administrative carryover policy specifically. These forums are open to anyone, and will be held at the following dates and locations:
• Thursday, Oct. 9 at 2:00pm in Gerberding Hall, Room 142
• Friday, Oct. 17 at 9:00am in the UW Tower, T-22 Glass Conference Room
Please use the following link to access FY16 Unit Budget Submissions.
- UW Budget
- Tuition & Fees
- UW Data
- State Operations
- About OPB