You are hereHome ›
Data and Tools for ABB Tuition Revenue and Distribution Calculations
New ABB Tuition Data Model and Resources
In December 2016, a number of tables were made available that enable campus users to do and see all calculations relevant to the distribution of net operating fee revenue under ABB. Links to a variety of information that will enable users to understand and use the data are provided below. During January and February, additional resources will be made available here, so please keep checking back!
Please note that a number of improvements, including (but not limited to) the ability to include students with exemptions as well as data quality checks, have been made as the data have been moved to AIDB. As a result, calculated values for prior years, through FY16, may differ from the official ABB calculations that have been used in the budgeting process for prior years. The budget allocations made through FY16 under ABB represent final allocation decisions; no changes to budgets for prior years will be made on the basis of the data now made available through AIDB. Historical data are included here only to facilitate trend analysis.
Weekly ABB tuition revenue and distribution Office Hours are now scheduled for 60 minutes in the UW Tower, T-12 Large Work Room:
- March 17, 9:00 a.m.
- March 24, 1:00 p.m.
- March 29, 10:00 a.m.
- April 6, 2:00 p.m.
- April 14, 11:00 a.m.
- April 20, 9:00 a.m.
- April 27, 1:00 p.m.
- May 4, 3:00 p.m.
- May 12, 10:00 a.m.
- May 18, 9:00 a.m.
- May 25, 2:00 p.m.
Data Model Details
- Introductory PowerPoint
- Table and column definitions (pdf)
- Searchable Definition Database
- Entity relationship diagram (ERD) of model - this shows the relationships between the various tables in the model
Details about how to use model to make ABB tuition calculations
- Documentation of how to connect to data and perform all necessary calculations.
- SQL code that does all ABB calculations, following the documentation (note: corrected version posted 3.24.2017)
- Access database that performs the same calculations
The Excel tools are currently being developed. They are being modified regularly and have not undergone rigorous testing. If it appears to you that they aren't working as expected, please email email@example.com.
- ABB calculations - revenue pool by tuition group and distribution to schools/colleges
- Download the data required to estimate FY revenue based on Fall or Fall and Winter enrollments
- Find the students in a tuition category
- Find waiver amounts by tuition category and waiver category. This tool also allows users to connect the college(s) who have appointed TA/RAs in each tuition group.
- Find mappings of curricula, majors, or degrees to departments. This file will also tell the user which courses are offered as official joint courses. When a course is offered as an official joint course, the SCH are attributed to the "responsible" course section. In all other instances, SCH are attributed to units on the basis of the course section in which a student enrolls.
Workshops were held in mid-January to help users understand the new data model and to explore how to use it. The PowerPoint that was used in the workshops is available here. A second set of workshops, designed to allowing discussion of how to dig even deeper into the data, are now scheduled:
- Tuesday, February 7 from 9-10:30 in the UW Tower, Visitors Dining Room, Mezzanine Level
- Tuesday, February 14 from 1:00-2:30 in Gerberding 142
- UW Budget
- Tuition & Fees
- UW Data
- State Operations
- About OPB