You are hereHome ›
FY17 Unit Budget Development
FY17 Instructions & Materials
On October 16, 2015, Provost Baldasty released a FY17 budget letter to inform the budget process for the coming fiscal year, including budget-related deadlines, required information for submission, and the priorities informing the process. Along with the letter, Provost Baldasty released the folowing budget submission materials:
Units are asked to complete these budget materials and submit them to the Office of Planining & Budgeting (OPB) by Friday, November 20, 2015. Please email all materials to Becka Johnson Poppe.
**In addition to these materials, academic units have been asked to provide information about anticipated growth or contraction over the next five years. Growth plan materials have been distributed to academic units and are due back on Wednesday, December 23. Please email growth plan responses to Becka Johnson Poppe.
FY17 Budget Development Resources
Transforming Administration Program (TAP): For the FY17 budget development cycle, administrative units will turn to the goals and projects associated with the Transforming Administration Program (TAP). Each administrative unit will be asked to report how their unit is working to align with the TAP principles for central administrative units and to report additional means by which their unit can leverage activities of other administrative units to increase efficiency and streamline administrative activities across the UW.
FY16 True-up Estimate: This year, an estimate of the true-up for FY16 will be made following Autumn and Winter census days. The Fall estimate is now available in the ABB file. Current estimated true-up can be found on the "Summary" tab, and details can be found in additional tabs, as explained on the "Reference" tab.
Tuition Revenue and Salary Increase Models: A salary and tuition revenue model for academic units is available. Instructions for its use can be found on the "Reference" tab. Note that the tuition revenue calculations in the model include the FY16 True-Up estimate noted above and are based on the revised FY16 projections. A model for administrative units is also available, though it must be noted that compensation increases for deans, chancellors, and VPs are not included in the model (since the center takes responsibility for those.
Additional Resources and Forums: Every year presents new conditions and opportunities that influence requests for information. As such, there are several new items present in this budget package that may require additional assistance. We wish to provide resources to support all units in completing this work in the timeframe allotted. Thus, the following resources are available to you:
1. OPB maintains historical responses to similar questions from previous budget development cycles. All of these submissions are available by fiscal year on this website.
2. If you have any questions or concerns as you read through these materials, please feel free to reach out to Sarah Norris Hall, Amy Floit, Carol Diem or Becka Johnson Poppe.
3. OPB will be holding several open Q&A sessions to discuss this budget process generally (note that no formal presentation will be delivered). These sessions are open to anyone, and will be held at the following dates and locations:
• Wednesday, October 28 from 1pm to 2:30pm in Gerberding, Room 142
• Monday, November 2 from 10:30am to 12pm in UW Tower, T-22 Board Room
- UW Budget
- Tuition & Fees
- UW Data
- State Operations
- About OPB